EcoOutfitters Vying for Chase Living Social Grant
When we attended the Rainforest Alliance Gala Awards ceremony in New York City recently, Martha Stewart, after we were introduced, looked directly at me and asked, “Are you big?”
I hesitated to share this story because: 1) I didn’t want to partake in too much name-dropping, and 2) I wasn’t quite sure how to answer or, after the fact, if I wanted to share my answer with the world.
Of course, every business wants people to believe it’s a huge corporation with plenty of personnel and financial backing to achieve great things. But most businesses fit in the small- to midsize category and, as such, are tight-knit firms with a small group of passionate people working hard to achieve the organization’s goals on a strict budget. That’s the truth for EcoOutfitters.
I finally replied to Martha by saying, “Big? We have big hearts and we’re growing fast.”
EcoOutfitters now has an opportunity to expand our growth rate even more with a cash infusion from the Chase/Living Social Mission: Small Business Grant. But we need your help. We need 250 votes by June 30, 2012 to be considered. (Read on to find out how your vote can make a difference.)
Why Should You Help EcoOutfitters?
- If you are concerned about the energy crisis, sustainability, or just high electric bills, EcoOutfitters.net is here to help you.
- If you work in the solar industry, EcoOutfitters promotes the industry through our outreach efforts.
- EcoOutfitters is heavily involved in solar initiatives on the local, state, and national levels, actively promoting legislation and doing everything we can to support renewable energy and make our own voices, along with the collective voice of our readers, heard.
- Through our social media initiatives and programs like #SolarChat, we are bringing the solar community — solar-curious consumers, passionate solar users, industry leaders, manufacturers and installers — closer together so we can spread the word about solar energy.
- EcoOutfitters is devoted to making solar and other forms of renewable energy easy to understand and easy to purchase, helping to grow a very important industry while saving the planet.
It really doesn’t get any better (or simpler!) than that. The Mission: Small Business grant would go toward helping us achieve these objectives in even bigger, better, and faster ways while expanding our business objectives as well.
We recently added to our staff by bringing on a beloved name in the solar industry: social media specialist Kendra Hubbard. With Kendra’s enthusiasm and social network, we’re expecting our #SolarChat to expand exponentially.
With the Mission: Small Business grant money, we can boost additional consumer-facing initiatives, increase promotions and outreach, and help even more people, in all regions of the U.S., choose the right solar installer for their solar installation project.
How to Vote for Us
1 – Head to Mission: Small Business.
2 – Click on “log in and vote.”
3 – Type in Ecooutfitters in the business name field
4 – Type NY in the state field
5 – When you find us, place your vote.
Spread the word! We have until June 30th. Thanks so much!